I'm thoroughly enjoying the series Earth: The Biography on the National Geographic Channel (or "Nat Geo" as the hipster cats call it these days). But then again, I'm the kind of guy who watches hi-definition nature documentaries for fun (is there anything else worth watching on the TV?).
Things like this can't help but make you feel amazed at the beauty and wonder of the world that we live in. How lucky we are to live in this tiny slice of the Universe and how revelatory our scientific understanding of the world at large!
Makes a person wonder why anyone needs religion...
Enjoy it when you get a chance
Editorial Warning- Earth: The Biography is not intended for fundamentalist consumption. Do not attempt to watch Earth: The Biography if you believe any of the following things to be true:
- The Earth is less that 6.5 billion years old (± a few billion years).
- Evolution by Natural Selection is a fallacy, perpetrated by the godless for the purposes of letting Satan into our hearts.
- Human Activities do not have any effect on the functioning of the natural systems of our planet.
- Our planet exists to keep the human race around until <insert god here> returns.
- The Ten Commandments should be posted in every public space in this country (kind of a non-sequitor, but still unfortunately related).